The goal of this class is to teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a rifle safely.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
1. Identify the principal parts of a rifle and types of rifle actions and demonstrate how they function.
2. Explain and apply the NRA rules for safe gun handling.
3. Demonstrate how to use a rifle in a safe manner.
4. Identify the different components of a rifle cartridge.
5. Explain how to properly identify and store ammunition.
6. State the major types of malfunctions and how to react to them.
7. Explain the fundamentals of rifle shooting.
8. Safely demonstrate how to shoot a rifle from the different shooting positions.
9. Explain the basic guidelines for selecting and purchasing a rifle.
10. Demonstrate how to sight a rifle in using both iron sights and optics.
Price includes the use of a rifle and 50 rounds of ammunition to shoot the qualifier.